Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Poyo? Like chicken in Spanish?

For those of you that don't know, I work at an amazing place where I get to support missionaries and their work and be open with my faith with my co-workers. It's a great environment, and we are never short on showers--wedding and baby showers that is! As soon as I learned how to sew, I decided to start making gifts for the showers instead of going out and buying something. In another post, I will put up a few miscellaneous items that I have made in the past, but for today I wanted to focus on a re-purposed little number I did for Miss Keplinger here in the office (now Miss Poyo, yes pronounced like "pollo" in Spanish).

I found a dress for $5 at Papaya. It had the most amazing fabric and was an extra large so there was lots to work with.

I cut the skirt portion of the dress in half (I am actually going to make another later on from the remnants) and used some red fabric from my stash for the waistband and ties.

The dress had what looked like a triangle bikini top--so I used one of the triangles as a pocket

And of course, finish it off with a flower pin!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love Miss Poyo! This is one of my favorite aprons for sure. I would wear this one out in public!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I especially love that you used the frayed edge of the selvage for a design detail!!! Good eye!!

    ReplyDelete