Friday, April 1, 2011

Sewing with Junebug

For those of you who don't know, I got all my artistic talent from my mom (AKA Junebug). She taught me to sew when I was young and while I didn't really get into it until about a year ago, her skills stuck with me.

The women's ministry at my church has started doing craft nights every 6 or so weeks. A different crafty lady comes in a teaches us fun things to do. The last one was about scrapbooking and we made adorable little valentines. This time, Junebug taught a sewing class on how to make gathered clutch purses. Everyone had such a great time and I can't wait to make more of these little guys!!
Ali had never sewn before in her life and I was so excited that she was able to come. She learned some great new skills and got to walk away with her adorable new creation!

P.S. ~ I hope to have my Etsy shop up and running this weekend!! Teaser pics to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment