Monday, May 2, 2011

A picture is worth...well hopefully a few bucks!

I am more than happy to admit that I am a little green in all of this marketing and selling of my products. It has been such a learning experience through trial and error about which photos to post in my Etsy shop and how I want to be portrayed. The most useful thing I did was just peruse other's shops and take notes on what I loved about them. I decided to re-d my shop photos to give them new life and hopefully capture what my items truly look like. If a flower pin an be removed, I took pictures of possible uses for it (instead of just typing it in the description). Instead of showcasing my aprons on a dress form, I set up a tripod and took pictures of myself wearing them.

Here is a little before and after for some of the items:

Before: harsh lighting and terrible background

After: staging and perfect lighting to enhance it's "usability"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before: not too shabby, but room for improvement
After: showcased

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before: drabby presentation

After: stylized and interesting

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before: no indication of size or usage

After: size reference and idea for possible use

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before: colors are a bit washed out

After: editorial photo gives it a feel of movement and creates interest

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before: no size reference or interesting background

After: a photo that draws the attention and showcases how dern cute it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment