Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wedding season

A long time friend of my husbands is getting married in 2 weeks (ah!). His fiance's shower was this past weekend so of course, I made her a little something! One of my favorite places to find materials is at Goodwill. They always have the best sheets and remnant fabrics for so cheap. For this project, I decided to use a blue polka dot bed sheet with an amazing ruffle accent and an old skirt that I never wear.

I used the ruffles on the top of the bodice and the bottom of the skirt

The flowers used to line the hem of a skirt I bought that was way too short for my body type and just made me look all-around ridiculous...I cut straight into the bottom to create the pocket and cut out an individual flower for the bodice accent
Finish it off with one of my shnazzy labels...
And voila!

Don't forget that TbT gifts are perfect for new brides, new homeowners and new moms! Don't know any right now? Get yourself a makeup bag, clutch or flower pin to spruce up an old item in your wardrobe :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment