Friday, May 17, 2013

Da bears

I *love* doing custom work. Don't get me wrong, I love letting my own whims guide me, but I love taking a few pieces and ideas from a client and running with it. My friend's mother asked me to make an apron out of a vintage bed sheet and two embroidered pillowcases. I'm not used to using that many pieces in one apron so it took some strategizing (spell check says that's not a word) planning. The fabric was the perfect base and made the rest of the project just fall into place. I fell in love with a finished product, and I wasn't the only one...I posted it as a custom listing on Etsy and had 16 likes overnight! Woo!


Precious little bear taken from one of the pillowcases
Flower pin
"Mrs" taken from the other pillowcase

Have an idea for me to try out? Let me know! Email me at tailoredbytorrey@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment