Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The business is growing...

I've been holding out on you guys, and I apologize. I have been undergoing some major life changes and didn't include YOU! My clients and followers are what keep this business alive!

A few months ago my husband and I found out some exciting news...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
we are going to be first time parents! We are thrilled and terrified all at the same time. "Tiny" (as we have affectionately name the little one) is expected to be here around Labor Day with an official due date of September 6. 


My hubs whole family is from Maine where L.L. Bean reigns supreme. Since we both have Bean Boots, I found these little knitted ones for Tiny on Etsy from a vendor in...wait for it...MAINE! :)

The upside to waiting so long to post this is that you also don't have to wait to find out the gender! Yay for you! I had never really thought that I would do a gender reveal thing, I knew that I wanted to know right away and wanted to be able to just tell family right away as well. We decided on a compromise to find out, and let family know and then did a small cupcake reveal for the youth group that we work with on Wednesday nights.

For those of you who have no idea what a cupcake reveal is, it is very simple. You fill the inside of a cupcake with the color of the gender of your wee one (blue for boy, pink for girl, duh!), then you have everyone bite into them at the same time and wait for the "ooohs" and "aaahhhs". How do you get the frosting inside the cupcake? You can either have a local baker make them for you, or do what I did--buy this little gem online and do them yourself! I was a little scared going into it, but the tool worked like a charm and I knocked out 50 cupcake in no time!

We decided to have everyone pick what they thought Tiny was so I decorated the outside of the cupcakes with mustaches and bows. I was so pumped with how they turned out!


Our original choices... I was feeling boy and the hubs was positive it was a girl
Moment of truth? Tiny is a...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
IT'S A GIRL!!!
I am so excited to have a little tailor in training. I have been scouring Pinterest for DIY dresses, shoes, onesies (ok, I've gone a little cray cray with the pinning lately) and I can't wait to try out some new things when Tiny makes her debut in just 4 short months!

No comments:

Post a Comment