Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Throw another shrimp on the barby!

Ok, so maybe this blog title is a little stereotypical, but it's still fun to say!! I have had the opportunity to travel internationally throughout the years and am so grateful for the perspective and outlook it has given me about my fellow humans and myself. About 6 years ago, I was able to spend some time with my husband's (then boyfriend) family in Papua New Guinea. I had a nice overnight layover in Cairns, Australia and spent the evening bus hopping and beach exploring and making new friends out of strangers. It was an experience I will never forget!

Fast forward to now (you are probably wondering what Australia has anything to do with anything). A friend asked me if I had ever done wedding garters. I hadn't actually ever done one, but I love new challenges and was excited to try something different. The bride was marrying an Australian and actually had two weddings--one in Australia, and another stateside. My friend had the amazing opportunity to attend both weddings, but was unable to get her garter request in for the one in Australia. Since the second one was stateside, we decided to being Australia  back home with the bride :)

Behold! A set of two custom garters (one for tossing, one for keeping) with an Australia/aboriginal theme. The base fabric was ah-mazing. It had these cute orange platypuses just swimming around, eating kelp (or whatever platypuses eat). Either way it was adorable. I found the buttons from a vendor on Etsy and accented with some navy ribbon and lace trim. 

Garter to keep

Garter to toss


No comments:

Post a Comment